CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Frugal Beast



Ya, Ok, I admitt it. I am a reluctant frugalista- I would MUCH rather have a billion dollars to spend on whatever it is that I want. The fact is- I don't - and maybe if I did I still wouldn't be happy because I wouldn't know how to manage it. Maybe that's why we're struggling right now, to help prepare me for the blessing that are on their way. To prove that I can work with very little so that I can better manage it when we become better off... I don't know.




Anyway- my inner comedian is at work- and it makes these LEAN times a little more bearable.
For Example:
I wanted to buy Lincoln a Bumbo chair- but I knew he'll be sitting up on his own before too long, and I don't have an extra $40 sitting around. (also, don't want to store the darn thing when he's too big for it ...see hoarders post) So this is what I came up with instead.

And when you put a blanket in it it's even MORE comfy for him... This is the bucket we store Hudson's toy cars in, but when its not being used Oh Boy! What fun!


Also- I thought it would be nice to have one of those double stroller things where you have the one child sitting in front and a chair for the older child in the back- but this works equally well...



Ok- I know, it's not the intended use, but Hudson got tired on the way home from a walk and this seemed like the easiest solution... Not winning mommy of the year with this one, huh?


Anyhow- I did something that was pretty hard for me to do, but I am proud of myself for it. This July I bought season 4 of Psych at Wal Mart. I was SOOO excited, but when I brought it home I had buyers remorse. I didn't really NEED it- I shouldn't have spent money on it.... so I left it shrink wrapped. Well, things are pretty tight here, like I mentioned, and I sucked it up and returned the dvds to wal mart. I used that $40 to buy Hudson a new coat and to make a payment to my hospital bill. It wasn't easy, but I am proud that I could make a responsible decsion. And now, someone can buy me Psych season 4 as a gift later since I now no longer have it... hint hint. ;)

Look at me go! Maybe I can do this after all!

2 comments:

Colleen Marie

My brother and I decided once that if we had a billion dollars, we'd be living pretty much the same, but maybe eating more fresh fruit.

Good luck on becoming financially sound.

Cindy

I want to get a Bumbo chair too. But I know it won't be used for too long. Craigslist is a good place to look for stuff like that, At least it won't be full price.

Post a Comment