CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Wanted: Clothes line

It's such an amazingly warm and sunny day I decided to dry some of my clothes outside in the fresh air. It's crazy how expensive it is to run a dryer. I am trying to think of some way to have a clothes line outside without having to put in posts.... My landlady would have an aneurysm. I only put out some hand towells and bath mats today, but it would be nice to dry all my clothes this way this summer. I've been racking my brain about how to save money on our energy bill- and I think if I had an indoor line down in the basement and an outdoor line outside it would help to cut back on the massive amounts of energy this is wasted by the dryer...

I am also excited to start gardening a little. I have found the ideal sunny places in my back yard and I want to get some of those hanging "over the rail" type planters to put on the back fense. It's my hope that having them off the ground will discourage weeds and also cats...

I am not a big fan of cats- at least not my neighbors cats- who use the yard a litter box. I have heard that dishsoap and vinegar with some lavander mixed together and sprayed around the permiter will help discourage cats from our yard... I'm thinking of trying it. :)

Hurray for Spring. I am feeling my spirits lift every day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment