CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 27, 2009

Some Quotes

Some quotes I liked from the book I'm reading "Behind Every Good Man" by John Bytheway

"The Grass isn't greener on the other side
the grass is greener where you water it"
-some guy named Mel from inter mountain sprinkler

"Pride is manifest in so many ways, such as faultfinding, gossiping, backbiting, murmuring, living beyond our means, envying, coveting, withholding gratitude and praise that might lift another, an being unforgiving and jealous." - Ezra Taft Benson

It brought me to mind of the fantastic Relief Society lesson yesterday, and the teachers challenge to not be critical of anyone, especially those in our ward and families. I am beginning to see the bigger picture here and wonder where this book was a year ago when I could have really used it. (I can really use it now, but it would have gone a long way to soothe a troubled heart...

I highly recommend it.

1 comments:

Beth Tunnell

This sounds like a book husbands should read... Why is it these books are written for the wives? Is it because we're the only ones who will read them? Or are we really the only one who needs to fix things? ( i'm not feeling as open minded as you today. baH)

Post a Comment