CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Why I love My Ward

In case I haven't mentioned it lately, I love my ward. The Havre Ward of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is by far my favorite ward I've ever been in. This is not to slight any other ward I've been in, as there are people and things I love about all of them, but Havre feels so much like home. I love all of the people, and what makes it feel so great is that I feel a love from them as well. I feel my Savior's love in this ward and I find that so refreshing. I am able to study the gospel and build my testimony each week there.

Here are a few things that my ward is doing that makes me love being in it...

1.) The young women bake the sacrament bread every week as a way to participate in the sacrament, and that kind of love and sacrafice helps me to think more fully on the sacrament while I partake...

2.) This bishop has asked our Relief Society to help families prepare for Chirstmas so that we can avoid debt and so that we can focus on a Christ centered Christmas this year. To do this we are having a monthly enrichment were we are hand making gifts for our families- :)

3.) Our bishop has offered some of his land for the ward members to help work and when it is harvested we'll get some of the food... We haven't been able to coordinate times to get out there, but the fact the system is in place speaks volumes of our Bishop's love and concern for our ward family.

well, I could go on, but I've got to end this post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment